Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Baseball Games.

I love Minnesota Twins baseball.  I always have, and always will.  As a young girl, I remember watching games with my Grandma, hearing her scream and yell whenever Kirby Puckett or Kent Hrbek made an amazing play.  As a fifth grader, I remember sitting in the cheap seats in left field at the Metrodome, yelling marriage proposals at the gorgeous Marty Cordova.  (At least he was gorgeous in my fifth grade mind... maybe I should take a look at pictures again sometime.)  As a freshman in college, I remember watching post-season play in my college dorm, wishing and hoping and praying for the Twins to keep advancing in the playoffs.


And now, as a 26 year old (unreal, I know), I still love them more than ever.

Several months ago, my friend Matt and I decided to get a 20 pack of  tickets to watch the Twins play this season at the beautiful Target Field.  He suggested that we each buy 2 seats, so that we could bring friends along to enjoy the games.  Though I was a bit hesitant to invest that amount of money into entertainment, I haven't regretted my decision since the season started.


We have brought several different friends to the six games we have attended so far this season.  Our schedule is filled at least through the end of the month with guests.  It is fun to bring people to enjoy the new ballpark (which we fall in love with more each time we go), and even more fun to catch up with old friends.

I am excited for more and more baseball over the next few months.  I am excited that the Twins are off to a great start, and will hopefully keep it up for the rest of the season.  And, perhaps more than anything, I am excited for the fellowship that is to come!

0 comments: